It is often said that children do not come with a manual telling parents exactly what to do and when. However, we have been given specific principles to live by in order to achieve the life we desire.
It is not a theory or philosophy. It is a proven universal law. It is understanding and applying the principles of the Law of Attraction. And based on these principles there are 5 critical parenting tips when applied can indeed be viewed as a parenting manual.
Top 5 parenting tips based on the power of the law of attraction at work in our lives and our children’s lives:
1. Be clear on your role in your child’s life. It should be one of encouragement and guidance striving to be a positive influence, not one of controlling. At the core of your role is to create a relationship based on healthy communication with your children. Open and ongoing communication is what will allow the relationship to deepen and strengthen. If you want a relationship with your child create an atmosphere that says, “I am here for you and to help you". On the other hand, if you want to alienate your child create an atmosphere that says, "I am the boss and you will do as I say!"
2. Be aware of what is happening in your child’s life. This is especially true as they get older. Be an active participant at their school. Make a point to acquaint yourself with their friend’s parents. If you aren’t aware of what is going on… tests, activities, signups for extracurricular activities or sport team tryouts etc. you will not be in a position to help them with either the process or support them in their efforts.
3. Be alert to changes in their moods. So often parents focus on the fact that their child is acting differently and put their efforts into changing what they view as unacceptable behavior. When you are aware of what is going on (#2) their change in moods may seem quite understandable. Are they stressing about upcoming tryouts for the volleyball team or perhaps depressed because they were the only one in the class not invited to ‘Susie’s birthday party? When you are alert to even the most subtle mood changes and aware of what is happening in their lives you will have a more accurate understanding of how to support them and guide them toward maneuvering the challenges and maintaining a positive mindset.
4. Be available. Understanding your role as one of guidance and support (#1), being aware of what is happening in their lives (#2), and being alert to how what is happening is affecting them(#3) are all important components of a successful parenting experience. But none of these will matter if your child doesn’t feel that your priority is to be there for them and with them, on their side, wanting nothing more than to help them. Through your actions, attitudes and verbal communication you must convey to them their importance in your life. Thus, making it easy and comfortable to reach out and confide in you about their experiences.
5. Be still…and listen. Typically a parent’s instinct is to make their children happy. However, the most common mistake is to jump in and control and fix everything in order to save them from unpleasant and negative situations.
This is where a shift in our perception of parenting and a willingness to implement the principles of the law of attraction becomes vital. Parents need to understand that although connected through the most powerful love known to man, a ‘line’ must be clearly acknowledged and respected of where your life ends and your child’s begins.
In other words, we must allow our children to find their way, to choose their own preferences, to experience life in a way that provides them with their own lessons. To do that we must learn to be still, be silent and listen to them. When you allow your children to voice their thoughts, opinions and ideas and in turn act as a guiding force in their lives that inspires them to rely on their inner guidance system, always reaching for what is good and positive you will have provided them with the tools and skills to create the life they desire and were born to create.
These top 5 parenting tips provide parents with guidelines and boundaries to serve their children’s best interest much like a manual! And when implemented will empower your children with a strong sense of personal responsibility for what happens in their lives through an understanding of the power of their thoughts and choices.
The key to successfully helping and guiding our children through all of the experiences and stages of growing up is to have healthy communication skills. We are not born with these skills, they are learned and therefore need to be consciously taught. To help parents not only gain these skills themselves but to be able to teach them to their children, I have written
The C.P.R. Program for Parents & Teens:Conflict Prevention/Resolution Formula
Regardless of the age of your child this complete program offered in e-Book format provides you with those skills.
Denny Hagel is a child advocate and parenting coach, devoting over 25 years to the success and well being of all children. She is the published author of over 150 articles on parenting, many of which have attracted international attention in over 24 countries.
Denny was blessed with forward thinking parents who raised her with an understanding of her value as an individual, her innate power to choose by way of her thoughts, ideas, opinions and beliefs, thus, instilling in her a strong sense of personal responsibility for what happens in our lives
She is the founder of Awakened Parenting LLC, a company dedicated to helping parents release parenting paradigms of the past and consciously choose to raise their children to approach life with a positive mindset and strong sense of self. It is Denny’s passion to combine what she learned through her formal education in early childhood education and psychology and what her parents instilled in her and pass this on to all parents.
Denny has created the discussion group "Awakened Parenting Discussion Forum" on Face Book which now has nearly 600 members. She does on line coaching with parents and teachers who consult her on a regular basis. Denny collaborates with counselors, authors, coaches and others working in the parent coaching field. Denny Hagel is the author of the newly published "The Missing Secret to Parenting", "The C.P.R. Program for Parents & Teens: Conflict Prevention/Resolution Formula", "Mini-Me Syndrome" and two free e-booklets “Parenting Using the Law of Attraction” and “Becoming an Awakened Parent".